Planer Board Strategy

Ran some sticks off the planers. 

What else do guys run off the planers?  Lead core?  I run the Laurvick clips so they really can't hold back too much pull - maybe guys run different clips for other options? 

those laurvicks pull pretty good. i have run 5/7 color cores off them. last time out we had a laker hit the 5 color with a UV gator stingray and not even trip the laurvick.  farther back you put the line in the release the harder it is to release it.

We run the Laurvick's as well.  The early spring browns were hitting stickbaits off the boards but the bite shifted pretty rapidly to spoons and flasher/fly combos. You can run spoons of the boards too with a single splitshot ahead of it to help keep it down and the line clean.

After using the Amish Outfitters clippers this spring i really liked them for flatlining mono. 

http://www.amishoutfitters.com/catalog.htm

Laurvicks work well for mono too but their downfall is on a windy day the tend to tangle easily. But for leadcore and coppers (300' or less) Laurvicks work well for me.

Scotty pinch pads are also great. They just tend to be pricy when you need 10-20 of them in a day.