How LOU changed my life..

Fishstix

before-after.jpg

Just wanting to start a thread on what people have learned from this

board to improve their fishing. Was it speed? line? temp? lures?or

whatever. Just something you learned from this board that really worked..

Best overall tip for me has been the Other Fishstyx's wireknot.I now retie every weekend and probably cut my lure losses 90%.

I have learned how to fish with a wire dipsey set up from mono and have had very good success with them now that I understand how they work. I have been fishing Lake Ontario from 1982 to present and have have had my best times fishing so far in the last couple of years from asking questions on this site and having everyone help me out.I would like to see your knot Fishstix you use now.All I can say is I'm hooked on this site :mrgreen: And COME ON SPRING!!!!

I learned how to catch Salmon on lake O.

I found this site just before my first trip to the lake and used all of the info from this board and advise from the members to put fish in my boat. It is a great place for help unlike the tackle shops who just want to sell you stuff. Now when I go into a shop at the lake I know what I need to buy, not just what is not selling.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Hope I will be able to help someone someday.

Rick

The best info I’ve taken from this board is not necessarily a tip but a general understanding as to When, Where and with What to fish with. I’m sure that everyone would like to be on the lake more each season, but when your trips a numbered like mine you want to make the most out of each outing.

From reading the fishing reports you find on this site you are way ahead of the game when deciding on a trip. I find every report gives a little more info than I had or confirms what my hunches are about any given stretch of weather, tactic, lure or target species. Even if I don’t get a chance to get out I review the reports as it keeps me honed in on conditions and helps me decide when I should try to get out next.

Probably the most valuable thing about these reports is the inherent honesty that leads to confidence. I know that the folks making these reports are just like me, trying to put more fish in the boat and having more fun doing it. When something works and I have success I too like to bra….. I mean share with fellow anglers.

Thanks for all the reports and keep them coming

I've gotten so much from LOU, I wouldn't know where to start. If I had to pick one thing that has "changed my life", I'd say it's meeting the great fisherman that I've met so far, including some who have become very good friends. My new fishing buddies, and our Tourney team are all a direct result of LOU.

for me its finding out that i'm out not crazy i love to fish and relish anyones fish story. life is stressfull even for the best of us, i care nothing about making my limit, for me its all in the chase. maybe i am nuts?