Questions for Force owners

What is this hose for and where dose it go?  It is plugged and just hanging there...

post-140056-0-53401100-1372038831_thumb.jpgpost-140056-0-76013900-1372038859_thumb.jpg

This may be a problem and before I turn this on again I want to ask where the cooing water exits the motor?  On my old 25 hp Merc tiller there was a stream that exited the motor so that you knew that water was circulating through and you could see the "pee" stream.  Is this where it is supposed to exit?

post-140056-0-65089000-1372039037_thumb.jpg

I believe my next step is going to take the boat to the lake and put it in the water and make sure it is submirged and try iy out.  Then if I get it started, run the heck out of it for a bit.  Thinking maybe Cayuta, as I cant get to far from a bank plus I know some people that live in the camp park.

I know this is not a Force motor question, but does anyone have or know where I can get a wiring diagram for the Spectrum 1706 boat?  I think I need to rewire some of the stuff on the boat and possibally add a few things like a tackometer and I need to figure out if the stuff on this panel works like the bilge pump.  Also I have hoses and wires going to place that dont make sence to me and I want to figure out what they do and go to.

post-140056-0-77575500-1372039725_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone!!!

Thanks for the reply!  If I am trying to start it in the drive way, how long would you let it run if you dont see any water coming out of the holes?  How long should it take to see water?  If there is no water coming out, what does that mean and what should I do?  Is the impeller bad?

Been a long time since I had an 88 force 125. But I remember there was never much water coming from those exhaust ports. With the muffs on in the driveway it would spit some water but not a stream. The impeller is best replaced with the housing if it is scored at all. I did mine a couple times. Biggest trouble is lining up the water tube that brings lake water up to the powerhead when reinstalling the lower unit leg.. There was an o ring on it I think, and it is a bear to get it in the hole where it goes in the head. Hank is probably real familiar with that process and knows a few tricks to make that easy.

As far as the time running in the driveway, hopefully the high heat buzzer and sensor works in the head. Shut it off if it starts buzzing right? Ok.

Edited by skipper19

My 50hp just gurgles water out of those holes. Nothing like the stream you see on other motors, and that's with a new impeller. If you didn't replace it yourself or know without a doubt when it was last replaced, then do it soon or have it done. If you do it yourself the full kit for it is usually around $60. If you don't do it and find out the hard way it's bad, you might just be searching for a new motor sooner than you planned.

Also, some motors just never seem to pump as well on muffs. I had a 150hp Mercury that had "zero" stream on muffs. I replaced the impeller and still nothing. Dropped the lower unit a total of 4 times to see what I did wrong before somebody suggested I take it to the lake... where it then streamed freely like a champ!

Thanks guys, I am planning on taking the boat to Cayuta to take it for a spin on Friday.  Hopefully it works out ok!!  I will post how I make out.

Side note, one hell of a hockey game on right now!!  True playoff hockey.  Just still hurt a little that my Penguins did not make it to the finals.  I really wanted to see #1 vs. #1, but this is still good hockey!!

I don't use the muffs I use a plastic 50 gallon barrel that I cut off about 3 ft standing put the lower unit in the drum fill it with water and start up motor, keep the hose running, this replicates the lake effect, make sure the water is above the cavitation plate and you should be good to do your test. I use the same drum for little 9.9s to my 350 Mercruiser. Hope this helps PAP.