Seneca Seneca 6/27/2013

back out today with Hoot and Andrew............tryed the east side ....what a bunch of weeds ....worked my butt off keeping lines clean then we ran into BOAT size pod..... put motor in idle threw into reverce to clear it....ran int o more pulled up and went west into LAKER LAND....... lost two good fish (lakers) boated two smaller ones...........lost a good bow........boated two 17" landlocks .....lost a 8" too 10" laker lifting it out of the water wanted to see if it was a stocker or not.......  anyway glow was good to go from 8ish till it got some sun coming out then UV worked well......hergennager (sp) likes the sun and a DWSS UV that's been good for a few years now.........the new paint job Bob didn't for me with small amount of glow did three strikes..... DW alwife glow did a few...........all in all not on fire out there but we boxed 4 and had fun loosing the rest.......

Well Ed you sure had a lot more action than I saw.today. Seems as though Seneca is seeing more action than some of the other places right now. If the weather improves I hope to get down there soon....for some serious rig fishing....fleas or no fleas :)

I run 30# pink ande barrel swivel  20' to 30' ( shorter as the season goes cut off and ruff spots when they show up) and have not seen a drop of fleas YET !!! but hey with that set up they don't show up much till they get REAL bad.........come on down lots of room down here......

Cool! I haven't been out of the Lodi launch in years... I usually launch from Sampson.....I camped at Sampson for many years until the registration thing went to California somewhere. Used to fish out of Lodi long time ago with my buddy Scott Sampson...now gone.....great sportsman and writer too.

Anyone else see these on the lakes ??  I saw my 1st one on Lake George a number of years ago in May , then 3 more here on Seneca....... I know the picture is not the greatest but not bad for my cheap camera........

Fire Rainbow on Sky

by phenomenica on April 21, 2009

in Nature, Phenomena

A circumhorizontal arc or circumhorizon arc (CHA), also known as a fire rainbow, is a halo or an optical phenomenon similar in appearance to a horizontal rainbow, but in contrast caused by the refraction of light through the ice crystals in cirrus clouds.

The phenomenon is quite rare because the ice crystals must be aligned horizontally to refract the high sun.

The arc is formed as light rays enter the horizontally-oriented flat hexagonal crystals through a vertical side face and exit through the horizontal bottom face. It is the 90° inclination that produces the well-separated rainbow-like colours and, if the crystal alignment is just right, makes the entire cirrus cloud shine like a flaming rainbow.