Coated Cable Repair?

Yesterday when fishing I noticed that I had a large section, 5 or 6 inches of cable that was half stripped of cable.  It must have hit my wire dipsy line at some point and sheered the coating off.  This cable is maybe a month old tops.  Would hate to have to shorten it 50 ft to get to the spot.  When this spot is in the water goodbye depth raider signal.

Does the liquid electrical tape do the job? or am I better off cutting it and reterminating.  Open to any repair methods.

Cut and repair. Unfortunately the coated cables are so easy to peal the coating off. I've seen the weeds get sucked into my pulley and peal the coating off .

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think that with 50 ft. of it in the balance I'd contact the company and see if they would replace the cable if you've only used it for a month....

i pulled the cable out to the bad spot last night, only to find that it really is chewed here and there pretty much down to the first 5ft above the ball.  

now im thinking it didnt hit the wire dipsy but it is either the pulley or the weight retriever thats eating it.

if the boat wasnt at the marina right now id be buying a fish hawk today.  since it is im going to try and get the season out of the coated cable....