Seneca 7/8 AM (better than working)

Got out at 6am, started in the middle of the lake from the south end headed north, having lots of issues with the Lowrance, then finally realized the transducer had kicked up a few notches, no wonder it couldn't find bottom..  Anyhow headed north along the west side where I was glad to find a relative lack of weeds.  Not much on the screen or the lines so I eventually pulled em and headed a bit north.  Set up again heading north with great conditions, a light southerly breeze, few weeds and overcast skies.  Started marking some pods of bait in 20-40 ft of water with a hook or two beneath.  Picked up a nice salmon on the rigger at 38ft with a bright orange and green ladder back DW SS.  Missed a couple strikes (maybe shorts) made another pass headed south and picked up another decent salmon on the lead core with 8 colors on an orange monkey puke DW SS.  Trolled a bit more, but that was it for the morning,  Not an action packed outing, but I got a couple eater salmon and avoided the skunk, could think of worse ways to spend a Monday morning.

The fleas were there, but I was running cortland flea flicker #20 and had no issues, just a few small clumps at the swivels/hardware.  On the way home I did notice lots of weed mats floating out in the middle leaning to the east side, but east side was pretty clear near shore.

I fish Seneca weekly. I'm first mate aboard the Seneca Chief (charter boat) the fishing hasn't been hot but not too bad lately. Been catching most of the fish (browns,rainbows,landlocks) in 30-60fow. Been taking Lakers on Seth Green rigs pretty regularly in 70-150fow. They've been having lots of action on the copper boxes running white twin minnows and white/glow peanut rigs. The weeds are starting to get heavy and the fleas are just starting to be a problem. We either run flea flicker or 30lb. Trilene big game. Without too much of any problems. The Scorpion Sized Stingers have been great this yr. UV boy/girl and anything brass or copper has been good. Monkey puke,burnt monkey,puss-n-boots,UV cotton candy,pooh bear purple,and green circus freak have been our go to spoons. Chartreuse orange or green DW and needlefish have been good too. Anything with dots on it have been producing as well. East side from Sampson to Peach Orchard pt. Has been good. If the weeds aren't blown in. West side has been good from Servene pt. To Dresden. The bite has been hot real early and tapers off by 10. Evening bite has been picking up around 5. Hope you find this information useful.

Tight Lines,Josh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Where are you launching from this afternoon? My old man is out on the water with clients as we speak. I'll get a report from him and let you know how the bite is. We launched outta Lodi pt. This morning.

Just got off the phone with the old man. He says the bite is tough! Running riggers and dipsys. Catching a lot of cookie cutters 17-20 inchers. Running 40-90fow marking lots of fish. Launched at Lodi pt. Then went to the west side trolling Serven to long pt. He said right on the shelf at long pt. The graph was full of fish. Went through there 4 times and caught 3 fish. All on brass stingers. I bet live bait still fishing you could pack the cooler! Hope this info helps ya out bud.

BrookTrout good to see you got out again thanks for the report.....

Josh welcome to the site and thanks for the info...... it will be awhile before I get back up there , so it,s great to have current info of what going on now......

Josh thanks for adding to my report, sounds like you have found some good consistent areas, I have lots of luck in the past with the smaller stinger size spoons.  I always want to push a little further north, but often get caught up in areas that have produced in the past which it seems on Seneca is not always productive as the fish seem to move around quite a bit.

Took a couple relatives of a buddy of mine out tnight. Set up shop south of high banks in 100 fow 46 ft rigger fires as i was in cuddy digging out some sd and i could here everyone yelling fish fish fish. 7 lbs brown, about an hour later the dipsy rod started bouncing 6 lbs landlock. The brown came on a stinger spoon and the landlock came on a dipsy 160 ft back 42 st and spin and glo.

thankful to catch fish for these guys. the older gentlemen turns 93 this yr. They're from Philly and being an eagle fans we talked about football and caught a couple fish that really made they're day

thanks for help!

post-152411-0-07552400-1373422355_thumb.jpg

post-152411-0-36994200-1373422392_thumb.jpg

No problem brother! Yeah being first mate on the charter boat you tend to go with what has been working all season. When you can pull boards through those spots it's a slaughter. I like to see everyone have success on Seneca. It's not a real easy lake to fish unless you fish it a lot.