otisco 7-8

So much for a summer pattern starting...fished from 730pm to 1230pm starting out were I left off last night and 1 brown.  So we changed it up a couple times moving shallower and finally got a 22" and a 24" in close enough that I had to go around floating docks.  Blue was the color 10 ft down in 12 to 20 fow...tried 4 perch patterns, gold clown, firetiger, crystal, and eriedescent first and still had a couple of those colors running when blue worked immediately. Tolling speed was 2.2  same as last night, No idea if we would have done better if we tried it earlier.  Just took too long to find something...I think I should have gotten harnesses out but with only 2 people and just six rods we didn't have time.  Cant wait to get on a semi consistent pattern, but any time I catch 1 good walleye its a success.  My buddy Scotty fished with me and he did great, and worked the lines nonstop changing lures and keeping em clean! The 22 incher fought so well we were sure it was a brown,  as we couldn't keep it behind the boat and it even crossed the first line on the opposite side.  No real big fish tonight, but happy to see Otisco yield 2 days in a row.

justin