This Friday Saturday at the Oak

First trip of the year will be this this week and then 4 days the following weekend.

I have been reading over every post I can find trying to get some ideas of general depth of water and down temps.

The last two years the July the trips were amazingly good, with many, many mature kings and I didn't venture much past 100 FOW. I knew I probably would not get that lucky 3 years in a row:)

The weather looks a little tricky this weekend for my 21' Lund and I know the wind can change everything pretty quickly but if you felt sorry for me and wanted to send me a general direction as a starting point on Friday morning where would it be? East in 250'?, West in 300'?, go back to Ohio?, stay at the BlackNorth and drink beer?

Not looking for numbers just some generalities to shorten the learning curve Friday morning. Have one newbie with me that has never caught a salmon.

Thanks,

Kim

Edited by Lundy

Fished yesterday and went 11 for 12 on decent kings and steelies. 90-120 fow straight out and east a mile. Ton of fish in that range. Riggers good 25 and 55. Dipseys fired at 180 and 240. Lots of bait and lots of willing biters. Post a report to let us know how u did. Good luck, hope the winds stay down for you.

Fished Monday went 4 out of 9, steelhead and kings, green northern king 28 with chartreuse tape. Started at 26 line and fished to 27. Wire at 120 and riggers at 45 and 65. Going tomorrow also, will updater you.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It apperars the site is down again, we have been doing well 180 to 220 a tad east of harbor. The most consistent setup we have had is running a 3 color lead core off the planer board with Silver and Blue Moonshines for Steelhead Lotta blue stuff for us this year. Moonshine Crabface is good in the morning and the watermelon in rv has done a nice job to. But you can never go wrong drinking beer at the Black North! :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the info,

Looks like we may get in couple of hours in Friday morning before the wind gets too nasty, IF, IF, IF the forecast is right.

Saturday afternoon looks good, again if the weather forecast is accurate.

We'll see

We were able to fish from 7-10:am on Friday morning before it got too rough, it was already rockin pretty good but we were able to at least fish, sort of, for a short time. Fished 100-110 fow and went 3 for 4 with a steelhead, a brown, a skippy and one dropped. Had 50 degrees down 80ft.

The storm that rolled through Friday evening was impressive, we even saw a water spout.

That was our last opportunity to get on the lake. The wind waves and storms kept us on shore. It was ROUGH on Saturday morning and from what I heard the water was big time messed up with all warm water in close. Most of the charters looked to have returned to dock by mid morning.

We called it a weekend and headed home mid day yesterday. I'll be back next Wednesday for 4 days and hoping for some better weather.

The fish fry and the beer at Black North was good, as always.