Barrel Swivel

no...  I keep my leaders to 9-10 feet long so that I don't need to reel them past the tip and can still land a fish. I don't think I'd use barrel swivels for reeling in to my guides. I'd go with a high quality, smaller ball-bearing swivel instead.

or go with a wind-on swivel like this http://www.basspro.com/Offshore-Angler-WindOn-Swivel/product/22764/

Edited by jonboat

#8 or #10 SPRO power swivels are best (50 lb test) and very tiny. If your reel is a Penn or one without an "insert" on the level wind just widen it a little bit with something like a screwdriver or pliers carefully.

Edited by Sk8man

I do not use barrel swivels for leaders. I use a double surgeons knot. I have never had one fail. I like my odds better with 1 knot as opposed to 2. However I'm using what Tim is for my blood run wire (fished instead of lead core, not to be confused with wire divers.) And it works fine.

RR

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

ok, at first  I was planning on using an albright knot which I most likely still will. I was provided info that even though I will be using a SPRO ball bearing swivel on both the SD or the dodger that  Ishould also use a bb swivel for the leader to reduce twist even more? Hence my question of the barrel swivel. At first, I was not going to go the barrel swivel route