Adding Power to Manual Downrigger

Put a phone call in to Screwy Louies, they want 300-350/rigger !! That's seems like alot of dough. Put a call into the guy from the youtube video, he claims his ball in the video is 10lb and alot for his friends use his device on 12-15 lb balls.... for $50 might be worth a try.... still wondering if anyone out there has used these

Just wanted to report that I did purchase these handles and used them yesterday. They worked great !! The drill that I used was a craftsman 19.2v 3/8 drill. Unfortunately I didn't fire a rod so I brought up both riggers with no problems only once. Not sure how many times you can bring up the riggers before the battery dies. Also I'm using 13lb rigger weights

• 4 months later...

Tileman if you go to YouTube and search adding power to downriggers it's the 2nd one down.. There's a number you can call to order

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think I would be putting a hard rubber insert of some kind ahead of the release on the wire or on the end of the boom to prevent excessive wear on the connection there when it abruptly stops. pretty neat gizmo though