Correct the Waves & Wind info?

I have used two sites to review the condition of the lake before I go out to fish,out of Oswego.I have talked to several other people who come from far and near only to find that what information was givin on Wunderground and data.gos.us/portal is not what they find when they get there.There are expenses,like hotels,food and such and travel time and gas.The data.gos site seems to get its info from the Suny bouy out of the harbor.I can't say how many times this info was way off like this morning Aug 19th 2013 with the 4 foot swells out there and the web sites both said .63 waves,not even close.Im wondering if there is a solution or something so people can have more precise knowledge of the true conditons,if these instruments aren't working correctly then they should be fixed.All thoughts appreciated.

What you need to do is look at four or 5 different weather sites.  Most have an archive for the last week or so.  Also most try to predict a couple days in advance.  Look for patterns.  Also look at national radars so you can see what's forming west of us. 

Another thing is  to realize is that where you are on the lake.  Look at wind direction.  The more water the wind blows over, the larger the waves at that port.   

Tom B.

(LongLine)