Lucky Enuff Report ... 2/14

I heard we ended up with something crazy like 3" of rain yesterday in the Q-town area?? I'm not sure but man were things flooded last night. Not one to miss out on an opportunity, I decided to launch the boat and troll in the back yard for a little.

My first catch I picked up the neighbors cat ( Dalmatian spinny with a hammer fly on the copper), it fought like a little puss though. My ladder by the shed was the next victim ( mag Kevorkian taped with a glow ladderback on the leadcore). I couldn't get it in the boat by myself so I had to cut it loose. My dogs soccer ball fell for Billy V's habanaro. I ended the day with a screamer on the wire dipsey that I fought for over an hour. I'd make ground on it as I came around the corner and headed west, but each time I had to spin the boat and go east it would start another run. We did this about 6 times till I realized I was hooked on the fence.

I Ended the day 3 for 4, all in all not a bad day. I'm sure I coulda had a few more hook-ups, but I noticed the folks at the School next to my house were watching me pretty closely. Im almost certain they were looking to see if I ran more than two rods, so I figured I better play it safe.

I have to admit, It was good to get out of the house for awhile. :lol::lol::lol:

I never deployed the probe, but the surface temp was 36 degrees. Most of my marks on the ff were on the bottom , esp. in the far northeastern corner. I couldn't get them to hit, but maybe that's for the best cause that also happens to be the area my Lab likes to go when nature calls. :$

Great post! As I sit at my desk going stir crazy and dreaming about fishing. Laughed like crazy.

I too have passed the thru the off season phases..spending, dreaming, spending, preparing, spending, organizing, investing (used to be "spending" but now I justify it as an "investment", which actually means "I don't need it, but I want it").

What really bums me out was a Dr. visit yesterday. When discussing my recent weight gain I mentioned that I replaced playing hockey and golf with salmon fishing thru the last couple of years. I was advised in no uncertain terms that "fishing is NOT and aerobic activity". Guess he heard about my fishless and activity free spoon washing outings this summer.

Yo Landing craft.....where you from in Quakertown? I didn't realize Quakertown Pa had TWO representatives on Lou! I'm actually in Pleasant Valley on Route 212. You should have come over yesterday, I could have run 4 rods and we could have gotten my new otter boats wet.

Will do Ed, and I know exactly where your at. I pass your development every time I go to Lowes (which is about every other day).

I think I'll miss the boat show. I'm not in the market, so why punish myself with all those lavish toys? I'm going to the losta show the following week though. I think we have a crew of 7 or 8 going ??

It is punishment.

I went Saturday and looked at a couple of 23 footers, took my daughter with me.

Sunday my daughter (6 yrs old) begged me and her Mom to go back so we could "Show Mom the boats we liked". It's nice to have an allie in all of this. Maybe in a couple of years....

Are you going to LOTSA for a one day run or several days?

Your a stronger man than I.......I can't take the pain of going to one of those things and not being able to buy one. Just seems like self induced emotional abuse.... :lol::lol:

The Losta Looks like a 2 day affair if I can make it home Sunday. Since It's far....and early, I am leaving Saturday about 6pm from my sister's B-day party up in Andries. I'm taking the motor home, and I'll stay over at Clark's place. We are all meeting at Clark's @ 6am and taking the RV out. Should be fun, we will play some salmon fishing movies, tell stories (mostly lies of course), compare notes, have a cocktail or two. Too bad I'm the one driving ;(

I was thinking of inviting you, but with the logistics of leaving from my sisters party the night before, It's a little more complicated. If your interested, pm me and maybe we can figure something out.