9/26 - 9/29 canandaigua

Family trip on canandaigua, fished when I could. We stayed near long's point and fished the south end up to just north of condo's. my Setup is two downriggers where I typically run two poles off each with about 10' depth between the lines on each side. My depths varied but was most successful from 45' to 65'. I use all spoons, FLT and stingers.

9/26 - fished 3 + hrs out of woodville for bows and lakers, caught 4 lakers with my 9 yr old daughter picking up her 1st laker. All fish released healthy.

9/27 - fished by myself, first light for almost 3 hours caught 5 bows and 2 lakers, largest bow topped 6lbs. All fish released. Briefly went out after lunch with my 9 yr old daughter and she caught her 1st canandaigua bow, a 3 lb fish. We kept this for photos and for lunch Saturday.

9/28 - logged about 4 hrs on the lake with only a few releases and never had a fish on. Some time spent in towards shore for browns, but overall disappointed with my efforts and results.

9/29 - fished from first light till 8:15? Or so. The south wind got the better of me and my frozen daughter...we did log one smaller rainbow that may or may not have been legal. All 3 trebles were lodged within the mouth, but i was able to get him back in the water quickly and he went right down.

Last thought, I marked alot of bait down 50' to 80' over 150' plus of water, but my success came in the 70 to 125 FOW range

Nice going and report and it sounds as though you had some quality time on the water with your daughter and that is what memories are made of for both of you.....neat!

fishing on Canandaigua was tough yesterday. Set up at the pumphouse and headed south right up the middle. Hit 2 lakers right away and that was it for 2 hours! Trolled back with the south roll to the pumphouse and picked up a small bow when pulling the rods. It got nasty out there! I saw you at McD's this morning Les go get em!