Please help!

I had a pair of cannon digi troll marlins stolen out of my garage. They have extendable booms and locking bases , I tracked them to a pawn shop in cortland ny called pawn boss. Any info on these would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You would think a pawn shop would take names from people they buy from, I once bought a bow from a bow shop that was new, I thought! Two weeks later I get a call to bring it back, Oh that bow was stolen. I got screwed on that deal and I'll never deal with that bow shop ever. Good luck in your search, Keep an eye on Craigs list, swap sheet.

Yeah we know whobsold them , but the pawn shop owner had them sold when they were brought in and they don't keep records of sold items. And technically it was wrong because I was told a pawn shop has to hold them for 30 days which was never done

What about your home-owners insurance. There's a deductible involved but you should have replacement costs. Pad the bill as much as you are allowed and recover some of your losses. I have 5 bays of garage space and security cameras all over the place. This is the world we live in. Good luck and sorry for your losses.

Oleschool,

Do your homework - find out what the local laws are governing pawn shops (I know there was some recent NY legislation last year requiring pawn shops in some areas to document purchases and sales), put in a police report, ask to see video store surveillance, whatever.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease so find out what laws the pawn shop has to follow, b/c if they didn't they are liable. The pawn shop isn't going to tell you what the laws are, you're going to have to find out for yourself.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Chris

Thanks for the info and I will definately keep you posted. When I was in there on sat the guy kept giving me the run around and wouldn't tell me for sure if they were there or not. Then when I told him I'd already confronted the person that took them and was told where he took them then it was well I wasn't here but I got a call about them

Call the police if you do not like the response-- call your county's bar association. This is set up for attorneys who must donate time at no charge. You will get exactly 30 minutes free of charge. This will tell you the legal options you have. I have found from personal experience that just using the terminology the attorney uses with the police you will be taken much more serious.

I just did a real quick check on NY pawn shop regs. and 1 thing is they need to hold an item for a 3 weeks period of time, Pawn shops requires your name ID proof of residence of the purchaser  State law pawn shops have to keep detailed records of everything they buy or take as collateral-serial and model #s brand name, Reporting pawnshops have to give reports of their purchases to local police to help identify stolen goods. In some states, a shop has to honor your quest to check their inventory for stolen goods, if you give it a police report on your stolen property. A pawn shop cannot purchase property from someone under 18 I think if you do a little of the leg work the way I see it, the pawn shop could be not in compliance with the law, and it seems like NY has some pretty sticky laws in your favor