Good 10' slide diver rod?

One of my original super braid slide diver rods broke (they were cheap Daiwa 'Fire wolf' rods) and I've been wanting to use a 10' rod for this application for some time. Keep in mind I use these mostly for the Fingerlakes and for Coho/steelies so I want something on the limber side. I was pretty much set on a pair of Eagle Claw SF401 rods. I have a pair of these set up as 'high' wire dipsy rods and though they lack the back bone of my main 'deep' wire diver rods, they have handled numerous Kings over the years. Thoughts/suggestions?

My 10' ugly sticks would be overkill for Finger lakes fish IMO.  You may want to look at Rapala.....they make a nice long soft action copper rod that would be perfect.  Hard to find but they carry them in Canada.  Shimano Talora 10' 6" medium action dipsy rod might be good too (Cabelas has them).

Edited by Gill-T

Stumbled onto these next gen Ugly Stik GX2 9' Med ( model USS P 902M) rods that seem to have the perfect action & speed for the application- $39. My FLX mag dipsy rods are 7' so using these as outside high divers should give me enough tip separation and be easier to juggle in the little boat.

Andy the rods I was talking about are Okuma BD-C-1002MH-1 10'

I ran them last winter on Seneca with my slide divers and they worked well.

Enough backbone to run the full size divers but limber enough to detect hits from some really small LL's and enjoy a battle from those 3-6 lb fish we hit.

They work excellent for the LO Browns as well.

Good luck with whatever you end up with.

Thanks Glen. Saw these 9' next gen Ugli's at the local tackle store and I love my LO 6'5" Ugli stik rigger rods. Still on the fence but it's nice to be able to look at a rod without driving up to Pulaski. Good luck on Seneca, maybe we'll see you out there!  -Andy

Edited by chowder