TRAILER REGISTRATION

LongLine

Anybody ever register their trailers in Maine? 5 yr registration and a heck of a lot cheaper. Know of a couple of guys that do and have never had a problem with the law. They go through a company in conn. that does this for a buisness and is perfectly legal.

online or mail works fine but the tax money is not applied to your county (unless you live near albany).besides what a better way to apprecieate what we have and where we work than to spend time standing in line waiting for that smiling face to go over your papers and find that elusive "t" you forgot to cross and send you to that little table over there and fill it out RIGHT.and go to the end of the line.....................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!and they will pro rate you at that time

Like Tim said, wait until close to when you need your registration updated, go online and it will be cheaper than the original price on the renewal invoice.

Takes about a week and a half to receive the new sticker and card in the mail.

I dont think there are any qualifications for that. I can get the # of the company that does it if you ant more info. Was thinking of doing it on my little boat that I use during the winter and possibly the lake boat.

I register all my trailers for work and personal in Maine. I can register them for 5 years for what it costs in NY for 1 Year. And the added bonus is no need for yearly inspections. The only catch is "technically" if you register your trailer in Maine it is supposed to be used 70% of the time for intra-state driving. W/ my 5 work trailers I have been questioned by the State Police before and I told them I do go to PA w/ these trailers and they basically said "if you save money at it and your legal, OK".

If you do a search for "Staab agency" you'll get the agency that does these Maine Registrations. The form is on the website. Fax it to them and you'll have plates in 5 day. Anybody w/ Questions feel free to PM me.