transducer cable

Chromeslayer

Do you have your excess cable coiled up? If so, the interferance could be coming from the coil as the signal would be traveling in a circle fashion.

Back some time, I was told to never coil excess transducer cable, but rather run it forward and back along itself so that the excess is running parellel to itself, and not in a circle. I hope that makes sense.

well here let me show u what i got going on..

Picture1311.jpg

this pic was taken drifting down the niagara with the main motor off

now i do have the power wire for the sonar ran to the battery, i turned on and off all things that could cause interference.. bilge, livewell, etc.. with no change to the sonar screen.. the ducer is a duel freq.. i was runnin it in the 200khz mode with a 12degree cone.. for some reason i think the 12degree cone is part of my problem in this shallow of water.. i went out to 50fow and the screen got better without really changing any settings.. but in the shallow water im pickin up alot of crap as u can see.. anyone else think its the duel freq ducer? i have a single freq ducer 20degree cone i think im gunna install to see if this helps my problem

Chrome, I think Adam probably nailed it. A coiled wire in single loops (circle) creates an electromagnet, which they say can create all sorts of interference problems. Uncoil it and coil it back up in a figure 8 configuration to eliminate that condition ( I use wire zip ties to keep it in the figure eight ).

Tim

try the factory reset thing pwr unit off then press pages and power at same time this will get back all factory settings without loosing any saved waypoints or trails...i just did mine this last trip after being on hold for near a hour and talking with a factory rep. the book does say donot coil or run near any other voltage source ,but my slack is coiled up and tied to the wire mess under my dash without any interference ...........hmmmmmm maybe thats why i dont mark any fish.......