Kersplash, kersplosh…YAY…the boat runs!

Made it to the river launch around 5.  Put her in & blew out the smoke. (Nice having new bearings on the trailer.)  Ramps clean.  Water a little low but no issues with the solo launch.  Watch the shallow cleat on ramp #3 – Board is loose.

Anyways, clear sky, very slight south wind.  Pretty strong currents in the river.  Some wood floating around but no problems if you keep your eyes open.  Nothing really big.  River temp 44.5F & all mud.  Depth looks like about 21-22 ft.  (Must have lost some weight as life jacket fit.)

After put-ting to the mouth, opened her up to make sure all okay then came back to set up & headed west.  Mud plume off towards I-bay.  Temp past 30 FOW was 37F.  (brrr…)

4-12-14A_zps9c30ccb2.jpg

Made it almost to Russell when this porker hit the rigg’r:

4-12-14B_zps326262ac.jpg

Guessing 7-8 Lbs.  Clean & fat.  Wonderbread NK down 7 over 13FOW.  2 ¾ mph.  Temp in that area was 42. 

Continued weaving in & out playing the 10-20 fOW area, past the pond the back to the river & tried the east side.  (Past Russell, the water was cold.  Like 37-38.)  Saw nothing on the return so headed out to 60 FT where I picked up a hitch-hiker:

4-12-14C_zps85ce317f.jpg

Did see quite a bit of activity on the screen at the bottom of 40FT on the east side but no takers.  Oh well, it’s been a long winter and felt good to be able to get out again.  Hopefully the snow we get on Tuesday will be all gone by Thursday & I’ll be at it again next weekend.  Pulled everything in around 10:30.  No problems pulling out.  Two other trailers at the launch.

Don't forget to you pull your drain plugs & check trailer over for ant weeds. (I didn't have any) 

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Good to see you back on the water. Hopefully next I'll get my poly urethane and I'll be able to pour fresh foam to replace the soggy stuff.

If everything goes well I'll join you in another 2 weeks