Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The 2 stroke Yamaha motor really doesn't like running at low RPM so eventually I may opt for electric trolling motor.   I also wonder if a four stroke motor would slow down better and run smoother/quieter?

You shouldn't have any problem trolling at slow speeds with any  two stroke.

Make sure the gas is fresh, treated with sta-bil, and mixed correctly, (todays gas goes bad in a month or two). Mayer's Marina or Pugsly's can give it a tune up and you will be happy.

The 2 stroke Yamaha motor really doesn't like running at low RPM so eventually I may opt for electric trolling motor.   I also wonder if a four stroke motor would slow down better and run smoother/quieter?

You shouldn't have any problem trolling at slow speeds with any  two stroke.

Make sure the gas is fresh, treated with sta-bil, and mixed correctly, (todays gas goes bad in a month or two). Mayer's Marina or Pugsly's can give it a tune up and you will be happy.

Looks like they don't service Yamaha?

I did find a manual for this motor at the library.  I have most of the tools to do a tune up but there is a lot more to a tune up than I realized.

Check Mark's Leisure Time or McMillin Marine, both Yamaha dealers.

It may just be the carb/s need cleaning by taking apart and soaking in carb cleaner.

I troll with a 1962 15HP 2 stroke that purrs like a kitten, you just have to take care of them like its your baby! 

dE\/-0///////