introduction

chowder

Hello,my name is Andy Bartlett.I own and manage a dairy farm in central NY.Last fall I bought a used 17' Alumacraft w/ 40hp Merc 4 stroke.My intention is to learn how to troll for lakers,browns,landlocks,and walleye in the fingerlakes. I have spent the winter trying to read what I can find about downriggers,planers,tackle, and the fish. I have installed 2 Cannon downriggers and a Lowrance 522 gps/sonar. I am hoping the 40hp Merc 4 stroke with a trolling plate will idle the boat along ok at slow trolling speeds. I am as green as it gets when it comes to all this stuff so I will probably ask you folks some pretty stupid questions. See ya.

hey you old farmer ask away and welcome to the site, better than asking would be to jump aboard with someone for a trip on the water .you could learn a lot in a couple hours ,in you spare time like between milking ,planting,cleaning poop,feeding,wait a minute you ant got no free time.if your near seneca give me a shout id be honerd to take you out on the water (just wash them boots off first)607 769 7947

Andy, welcome - great sight for us rookies ... I hit Onieda Lake in the spring for Walleye's then hope to start the trailering the big pond in July when the Walleye's slow down ... if you want to hit Onieda sometime let me know I would enjoy the company or we can flounder around lake O together !! good luck !!