NEMA 2000 network to new Yamaha F70

lrg355

I recently installed a new Yamaha F70LA on my 17 ft aluminum spring "roaming" boat. Thought about using the Yamaha Command Link setup for engine monitoring but it is very $$$. It seems like Lowrance has the lowest cost setup to interface to their combo units and the LMS400 multifunction gauge. Has anyone installed the Lowrance network to a NEMA2000 Yamaha without going thru command link and how did it workout?

No idea about the NMEA interface, but something else to consider with the command link gauges is that will enable the use of the VTS (variable trolling speed) on the motor. This is awesome for trolling as you can increase or decrease the engine RPM in 50rpm increments by pressing a button, thus fine tuning your speed depending on conditions, direction, etc. It will also allow the engine to idle down lower than without. I know I didn't answer your question at all, but if you were unaware, something to consider. Honestly worth every dime I paid for it for that feature alone!!

I already have a plan for that.  The connector is there for a tiller handle option which has the switch on it for the trolling function.  I simply need to hook up a single pole double throw switch(similar to a downrigger)..  One hit down and it will go down 50 rpm and also the opposite.

The command link also does it but through the network.