The is this winter took the pin bouys away, now new anchors and chains have to installed. Salmon Country Marina is in the process of getting that done. They should be in place in a couple days. The area is still marked on your GPS, if you are using a plotter with maps. Also on the navionics app for phones. The CG has been called a few times already, they will be coming if you are too close. Good Luck and tight lines.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What are the exact boundaries ? I was in that area yesterday and there were some boats in close ( way too close) and couldn't believe no one was stopping them

'Bout Time

Mike

We'll, I do know that the Plant is starting to relax some of the knee jerk reactions after 911, and was wondering if the buoys were one of them? Have not seen the coast guard out here at all

The distance is 1000', the CG will be called if the company feels it is necessary. Do yourself a favor and stay out beyond, look at your gps and you will be fine. Good Luck and tight lines.

Capt Rich

Coast guard had a serious boat out there on saturday.  They were cruising the area throwing a massive wake but also saw them stop a boat and tie up to them!  My gps puts me around 50FOW directly in front of the plant, that's as close as you can get without going inside the red lines.

Yes the main marker bouys you see on the water are taken out in the fall and replaced with pin bouys to mark the anchors. This year the ice took all of the pin bouys away. Good Luck and tight lines.

Capt Rich

i have found this on multiple websites

Exercise Caution:

tp.gifthe area off-shore from the Nine Mile Point Nuclear Plants east of Oswego remains off limits to all boating and fishing. The restricted area extends approximately 1000 yards out from the shoreline along the entire reach from Lake View east to Sunset Bay. The penalties for violating this area could be substantial.

I did notice some pin buoys yesterday and they were underwater or only sticking up 6" or so, but there was no true "area" set by these. just one here or there