anyone ever try this?

this time of year spinners take a lot of stream fish.they also do well with shore casting.anyone ever tried either flatlining or shallow downrigging with spinners? i haven't but think it may work.

i use to flatline blue foxes and panther martins off my bass boat this time of year. it seemed to work great on a slow bite and/or clear water.

i also fish a lake in a PA state park that is stock with "bows" and is full of browns and brookies. my preferred setup there is a 3 rod spread trolling spinnerflies w/ 1 or 2 splitshot behind a canoe. (the native method is a meal worm under a bobber at night)

I think they would work on Lake O. When I was in Alaska, I rented a small boat to take out for some ocean trolling. The guy renting the equipment offered Penn trolling outfits with dipsy divers/dodger/herring as the method of choice. The wind was blowing 30mph inshore, and there was an outgoing tide. What a mess! At one point the dipsys got ahead of the boat due to the strong tide. We saved the day by ditching the heavy gear and just long lined trolled vibrax spinners on light tackle and lit up the silvers. What a riot. Cohos to 18 lbs on light spinning gear.