seneca sunday afternoon

So I got the chance to take my brother and niece out on the lake.  She has never been in the boat before so i was hoping for a chance to get her into the sport.  the weather was gorges but we didnt get out till 11. set everything up in the the top 30 feet because she told me on the way that all she wanted was a rainbow trout.  got a hard smack on the rigger early no one home turned  around and started marking some fish and my brother yells out theres one jumping took a sec for the rod to fire hand it to the nice and she pulls in a rainbow not huge but totally worth it.  next thing we know we are surrounded by weeds and cotton wood and all 8 lines are craped up.  in the process of clearing them she got a small salmon and we missed at least 2 hits.  I broke my copper rod trying to clear cotton  we finally got set up and the brother says okay we gotta turn in gotta have the kids back soon.  so back to the dock we go probably worked out as we got swarmed by bugs and she was a little freaked.  she wants to go again thats all i could ask for.  so hopefully in two weeks we can make it a saturday and with more than a couple hours i can get her a couple fish.  hope all did well in the canadaguia derby wife wouldnt let me do another full weekend so close to memorial day. Blue was the color that took the most hits.