Oneida 6/22

Miss em

Set lines around 11:30 and trolled for just about two hours in the deep water north of Shakelton.  Landed 26 walleyes, but only 9 were keepers up to 20".  One of the shorts was only 7" long.  Hit pretty much everything we put out - F7 and F9 perch rapalas on riggers, small copper Stingers on three way crank bait rigs, 30' jet divers, riggers back and on cheaters, bare naked reef runners flat lines with snap weights.  Had me pretty busy trying to run 6 rods.  Never go them all out at once.

Edited by Miss em

Wow, you were into them.

We were in the deep water as well, north of the bouy line.

J9's and jointed 7's were what we did them on.

Heard radio chatter compaining of the bite, but we managed to limit out.

Largest just a tick over 20".

It's just about the time now that they really will go on bouncers/crawler harnesses.

Probably will mess around with those next weekend.

If there is one lake I wouldnt worry about about fish for the future its Oneida. Plenty of numbers there...bigger deep divers and speed will weed out the hammer handles. Limits of 20-24 inchers are possible, but you wont catch near as many fish if you target bigger fish.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Largest Walleye I've ever caught on Oneida was on a green/white Erie Dearie, mid-July, dead calm,(HOT) mid-day, 36-38 fow.

Tad over 27".

Thought I was snagged on submerged debris for a bit.

Thats a fine walleye anywhere! I was fishing under the bridge in a storm outta the east one afternoon that I ran up to Gander and hit it perfect. There were 2 guys there plus 2 of us and the we all caught at least 2 over 24 from shore and 1 of the other guys had a nearly 30 he released! Oneida definitely has good fish...

What launch do you guys use when fishing Oneida, we used the launch at a marina at the lower end when we stayed for a week, that was a few years ago, thanks for any input. Pap.

Thats a fine walleye anywhere! I was fishing under the bridge in a storm outta the east one afternoon that I ran up to Gander and hit it perfect. There were 2 guys there plus 2 of us and the we all caught at least 2 over 24 from shore and 1 of the other guys had a nearly 30 he released! Oneida definitely has good fish...

Caught a 24 1/2" in that Lions Club derby on the opener on Oneida, years back.

Was the last fish on the board, from Marion, and to drive from my home to Cicero, to collect $25.00 didn't seem like a sound economic decision........... :)

But by far, I don't boat that many large Walleyes, I'm just a happy-camper to catch my limit on Sunday's right now until the east end of Ontario starts to fire up. :yes: