Quick night on Otisco

I got down to the lake around 3am caught a 20" eye at 3:15 and it started pouring thunder & lightning 5min later. Still quite a few eyes in shallow but the weeds are really starting to play havoc with anything that sinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for the report brent. Sub surface swimming of floating sticks can be fished above the weeds, but it seems like they dont want them that way. Im gonna try weighting my bomber ever so slightly so i can pause it without it floating, but still keep it over the weeds. Getting tougher for sure, but still some action!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's a question for a biologist and could especially be true during summer months when they feed very little. These fish have been gorging themselves on mooneyes for several weeks now and usually have some in their stomach. I don't know how often individual fish feed maybe this one hadn't fed in awhile and was finally coming in at 3am.

Ditto! They are definitely feeding on alewives on the surface by gill flare now....in summer stomachs are shrivelled and lack any digestive fluid or signs of....

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What do you guys mean by "gill flare" I know out on Erie we hit a may fly hatch and you could watch the walleye swim the surface with their mouths open just gorging themselves with the flys, and the locals told us, it's done for 2 weeks and they were right. You couldn't buy a walleye, we packed it up and headed to PA.