Speed and temp Units for trolling

I currently have the FishHawk, and it does OK. But when I go to upgrade no doubt about it I'll be getting the Depth Raider. Lot of positive comments on this unit just about any where you look. Also, there is talk about this unit at some point soon being able to reach depths far greater than the other down speed temp units currently are able to obtain.

i went though this last year and ended up with a sub troll 900 , can"t say anything bad about it , this is going too be like a chevy ford thing , i would say check them both out ! The 900 has a round tach meter and the D.R has a digital screen , one of the reasons i like the 900 over the DR is its black face with a red needle that i can read any time from any where in the boat and the D.R is hard too read from out back when the sun hits it ! both will do the job there built for ! john

you can't go wrong with either unit, they are both using the same technology (Moor's by the way) so it all boils down to personal preference on the digital vs analog display. I have the depth raider and have no trouble seeing the display from the back of the boat (I DO have a hardtop). I've fished on a number of boats with the Sub Troll and it works great as well. I just prefer the digital display so I got the DR.

One nice thing about the Sub Troll is that Moor is located in Buffalo, so they are local and from everything I've heard, Hank and the guys are great to deal with. Kell Labs is in Michigan.

Tim