Cannon Mag 20 DT

This is the older style cannon 20's I believe (Came with the Boat), anyways the thing flys up and down but say I'm botton bouncing lakers I cant bounce bottom and come up a few feet without the rigger pulling the weight all the way up. It has the auto stop feature but I would assume I could stop it after I pull it up a few feet. If I push the toggle down it stops for a second and wether I continue holding it down or not it starts pulling up again. Not really a big deal for kings but as far as getting down to browns or lakers this makes things kind of complicated and a guessing game with blowback. Any ideas as to if it's supposed to be like this or theres something going on. I've had the slower mag 10's before with auto stop so I'm assuming its the riggers.

I replaced the power cables on one of the tow this year and everything internally looked fine and I sealed it up good. Both of them do it.

Well from experience I would say that you either have a high speed model or to voltage going to it. The high speed models are fast (250'per minute) but check the voltage at your plug and make sure its 12volts. If not any of the above I would give Fish307 a call and ask them, they know these riggers in and out.

I had a mag 10 that did the same thing. It was the switch. Second time it did it it turned out to be the board. Odd that both would go at the same time though. When the board went on one of mine the other went about two weeks later. So maybe not so odd?

Let us know how you make out.

Spike

When the board goes, it will not work in one direction.  I just replaced a board in my mag 20.  It would go up but not down.  If you need a new board, let me know.  They are about $75 and I could help you install the new one if you need help.  It is really easy. 

When the board goes, it will not work in one direction.  I just replaced a board in my mag 20.  It would go up but not down.  If you need a new board, let me know.  They are about $75 and I could help you install the new one if you need help.  It is really easy. 

You were right about holding it down. I assumed just clickin it down would stop it. Thanks again.

That is good news! Saved yourself some $$. You may want to carry a spare switch just in case. As Gambler mentioned the boards are around $75 and are easy to install. At least now you got some info on what could go wrong anyway. I had a few guys on my boat that could never get the rigger to stop on the way up. They also were not holding it in the down position long enough. I never thought that might be your issue.

Spike