7-10 I-Bay Evening Thompson Gunner

Started out at 5:30 with Pike Freak and couple of other usual suspects. Set up in 175 straight out and kept heading north. Temps all over the place and crazy currents at times. Found 46 deg down about 125 for a while. At 225 fow 100 down and 2.2 on the subtroll on a black and white NK with green tape Pike Freak got a nice king 17 lbs. I dropped something on a silver, orange and yellow DW on 6 colors of lead. Finished up with a 5lb king on the same NK at the same depth and called it a night. Lots of marks in the 225 area. Lots of streakers too. Changed up the speed in both directions but they wouldn't take it. It was a garbage dump out there at times. Caught some plastic, some deflated balloons and some sticks and weeds as well. Pike Freak already posted his picture and it was a pleasure fishing with him. Congrats on your first king.

Nice Report. We where out there right close to you and I agree 100% with - strong currents, bait / marks and garbage dump, was not easy keeping things straight and clean of garbage. I will say no biting flies which was a bonus. We landed two smaller Kings #8 and #4. We did see a couple fleas starting to show up too. Way to go on the #17 king, and first one, that's the way to start the addiction.

It was awesome!, thanks again for taking me out!! I didn't realize how much went into fishing for salmon/trout in the deep water!! I better start saving some money!! post-154741-14051910405846_thumb.jpg

Get your FREAK on!!