Oneida 7-11-2014

johnnywalleye

4pm till 830 pm 15 -40 fow.2 guys10 eyes 4 sunnies 1 perch.and some ashwipe in a white boat using boards stole my bouy marker..must of got it caught in his planner boards..I was the only other boat out there..and the a rse wipe takes my marker..I troll fish for 2 HRS thinking o must of fouched up and forgot where..nope.some duck runs into my marker and then keeps it...and never trolls back. To the scene of the crime.arg..............any who all fish caught on dixies trolling at 2 mph..no green blades today they wanted a perch flavor

And so long 4 now.john

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139665-14051333142308_thumb.jpg

post-139665-14051333361608_thumb.jpg

post-139665-14051333551782_thumb.jpg

Just spent the week there........The whole lake is hot. We ran jointed perch and limited out every day within 2 hours we had from 3 to 5 fishing each day. Everything seemed to work, lead core, riggers, and weighted lines. This is the best that I've seen this lake!!

It was a hard bite this weekend for me as also.  Caught some dinks as well.  I hate the glass water fishing and it usually reflects the fishing as flat as well lol.  I did box out but it did not come easy.  I did something I hardly ever do and its the last resort fishing strategy for me but it pays off if your patient.  FInd the baitfish and anchor.  The walleye follow them around a bit and you can get into them.  Best bite was still in 17fow. 

Much of our success has come off 3 & 4 color leadcore in 38' FOW so I'm guessing we were 15' off bottom. This seemed to work when working the bottom wasn't.

Trolling has been either hot or frigid for me.  I give it a couple hours and if nothing I change up strategy.  I cant handle staring at open water waiting for a fish for too much longer than that.  That is part of what makes Oneida so great, many different ways to catch fish in all sorts of depth on any day.