Merc 4 stroke starting by itself

JOE ESOX

Hi all. Seems as if my merc 115 4 stroke has a gremlin. I used the engine all week and it ran great- just yesterday morning i was idling and letting the engine warm up- the starter engaged and tried to start the engine randomly. I shut it off and restarted, and all was well. Later on in the day the engine was off (but ignition was in "on" position since radio was on) and the engine started itself without me turning the key. It now seems to randomly start itself whenever the key is in and ignition is turned to "on". This does not happen when the ignition is off or if the motor is on and in gear. Battery disconnected for now but hoping this could be as simple as a bad ignition switch? Would welcome any opinions... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I am thinking there is a bad connection in the key switch. Should be easy to replace. Maybe some water got in there and corroded a connection or two and some how they are contacting each other.

Replaced the switch and that seemed to have done the trick. I cracked open the old switch and there was quite a bit of moisture in there so i believe that was the cause. However now my radio does not work. Everything else is working (bilge, sonar, livewell pumps,nav lights). I checked all the fuses and they are good. What am i missing? Drivin me nuts.....

Am/fm. There is a fuse at the radio and 2 in the fuse panel. They are good. Logic tells me that since i ripped out the ignition switch and rewired a new one, that it should be something to do with the switch. Kinda baffles me since everything else works. Haven't been able to mess with it today but will fart around with it this week. Thanks for the suggestions guys