Went out sat. Around noon again temp was between 49-62 on top depending on where you went, fished anywhere from 75-250 ft. We started off real well with a double header of high teen kings on ff combos and then picked up a big coho also on a ff combo. After that we caught two smaller kings a 12 and a shaker and

That was it. We fished from 2.30 to dark without another hit it was ridicuous. Most of the day we tried finding bait and when we did there was no good hooks in it. All fish came on a blank screen in the top 40ft of the water. The fish still seemed pretty scattered to us so we tried a little bit of everything. In the last hour and a bit while on our troll home we started marking some huge clouds but again couldnt buy a fish. Im hoping its at least a sign of good things coming.

Good luck out there!

I usually go west, i went west again as far as the point. Water generally got warmer that way but still no hooks to fish. All the fish we did get were while we were in search mode and with 48-50 degree water on the surface.

How bout you, were you on the east side?

Edited by sea yea 2

I was out all day Saturday from 5:00 am to 8:30pm fished Bronte, Port Credit, and ran up to Bluffers around 1pm.  Wasn't marking much at all and washed lures all day.  Finally hooked a small King around 8pm in front of Bronte but he shook the bait.  Burned a ton of fuel with nothing to show for it.  Pretty disappointing I must say. 

I went the same way, west, due to warmer surface temps...but I didn't see anyone hooking up really, certainly no extended battles...unless they were all pretty early.

Was quite the sunrise, with the moon setting at the same time  :o

20140712_053255.jpg

20140712_052859.jpg

20140712_113441.jpg

20140712_133507.jpg

20140712_182906.jpg

I'll be back out searching, trying, hoping, for 1...really...BIG...King  :yes:

Tony

There are good kings on the board but ill be darned if i can find them, my buddy has missed the last two weeks and i dont like taking my bowrider into the bluezone. If we had the big boat id fish out to 350

I should be out saturday as well, unfortunatly it looks like im taking the bowrider again as my friend has a jack and jill. Im hoping for warmer temps, bigger fish and small waves.

Jeez i may as well grab a lottery ticket while im at it ;)

Edited by sea yea 2

Its a 20ft chaparral, there is a flap at the back that flips up. There is a small amount of fibreglass back there to drill through. We used some pieces of 2x4 and 2x6 screwed together to create a stable surface to mount the rigger. You can take the riggers off flip the flap and not have to look at the bases if you are not rigging( i dont care myself but thats how my buddy wanted it before i bought the boat)

We have them mounted on a 45 degree angle because of the 4ft booms on my riggers.

I tried posting a picture but it didn't come up too well. I used Big John mounts and then modified them to take the Scottys.  This set up seems to work pretty good for my boat but you will just have to work with what you have.  2006 Regal Cuddy 2250