Late Start

With the crappy weather we ALL had, this past winter the rivers are running high, which should mean a good spring, right? The docks on the East or West side of the Oak aren't in yet. What are they waiting for!!! The snow is gone, and I have seen 2-5 trucks every day with boats on trailers which would have launched, but without docks for assistance, they couldn't or wouldn't every day for the past week. I did see a few of those boats go out in the lake so I guess they either launched at the marinas, or at captains cove. The time is now for us to start fishing, and we can't even launch our boats!! The public docks at the launch ramps are usually in by April 1st. We already have such a short seasonal season up here that you would think that Orleans County would try and make sure the launch ramps are useable. There is wood and debris blocking the ramps. Promoting one of the main tourist attractions in our area which is our sport fishing should be number 1 on their lists of things to do!!!!!!!! I just have to vent that a county that is trying to pull itself out of a slump, and only has pretty much fisherman to rely on to support it's economy, they should be treating us,(THE FISHERMAN) a little better. The only way for us to further promote our great fishery at Pointe Breeze and Lake Ontario, and every port on Lake Ontario, is to further promote the fact that we do have a great fishery here , and that MANY!!!! PEOPLE depend on fishing to support our living HERE. - Mick

The world must be changing, or someone listened to my prayers. !!!!!!THE DOCKS ARE IN ON BOTH THE WEST AND EAST SIDE OF THE OAK :D:D:D:D:D:D !!!!!!!!! The dock installer must have had a rough day, but I believe I grilled him an awesome cheeseburger for his lunch. Even though it's their job a thank you goes out from me on behalf of all of us. Time to ROCK and TROLL.- Mick

Today they even put ALL of the transient/waiting slips in on the west side of the Oak at the launch ramps. High 50's and the lake temp is still mostly around the high 30's, low 40's if you are lucky. I have a 10 hour day putting the docks in for the BLACK NORTH tommorow. This is Mick signing out.