rochester , hate do do this

ok here goes , started out alittle late (9am set up) out of the genny & head out west ! set up just east of Ibay ,ran sticks in silver/black fire tirer / silve/gold orange, pink and shartrice, went all the way too webster park , NOTHING was in 7 too 15 FOW, played with speeds too see if i could make something happen with not a hit , picked up and headed west at about 11:30 and set back up just west of the river headed for russel station all kinds of differant water color mud,green,clear ,with some temps from 38 to 41 ran the water color lines in and out almost everyway i could think of playing with speeds and directions with no hits at all ! so i started off the season with a skunker ! there where alot of boats out anyone else get anything going ? sucks too start out with no fish and the dam kids , lets go home and ride the dirt bike"s , i really thought i was going to keep them busy. lol anyone think in was the wind or weather from the last few days ?

Skunks happen, it is part of fishing. :?

I brought out the family also today with my father, brother in law, and my 3 yr old nephew coming out. Will post a report with some pictures.

The fish were definatly scattered today with the wind shifting as it did and people pounding the shoreline the last week.

- Are you running flourocarbon leads? Tie a double uni knot to splice your mainline to your flouro or a small sized ant swivel if you prefer. Keep everything as stealthy as possibe! I dont use swivels when the fishing is tough, keeps it cleaner looking in the water.

-Do you have inline planer boards or a mast system to get your lures away from the boat?

Just a couple thoughts to kick the skunk next time....

Jax

ok here goes , started out alittle late (9am set up) out of the genny & head out west ! set up just east of Ibay ,ran sticks in silver/black fire tirer / silve/gold orange, pink and shartrice, went all the way too webster park , NOTHING was in 7 too 15 FOW, played with speeds too see if i could make something happen with not a hit , picked up and headed west at about 11:30 and set back up just west of the river headed for russel station all kinds of differant water color mud,green,clear ,with some temps from 38 to 41 ran the water color lines in and out almost everyway i could think of playing with speeds and directions with no hits at all ! so i started off the season with a skunker ! there where alot of boats out anyone else get anything going ? sucks too start out with no fish and the dam kids , lets go home and ride the dirt bike"s , i really thought i was going to keep them busy. lol anyone think in was the wind or weather from the last few days ?

hey moto, you ride?

here is a pic of me at raceway park NJ.

staircase5_11.jpg

I'm sure others will have more info, but I will put my two cents in. If you were fishing yesterday there was an east wind, I was on some small streams and got skunked also.

From what I have learned on the early brown fishing you need to get there early like sun up. Seems like most guys report that they got them early. Need to get my boat running then I'll be out, hopefully.

My father and I fished from the river west to round pond and back east past summerville with one fish (that we lost after a minute just west of russel). Fished from 6:30AM till 10:00 and ran the assortment of stickbaits in 4-10 FOW. It seemed a little cold still as we averaged 39 deg. water. Great looking water but the bait must not have been there.

Skunks happen, it is part of fishing. :?

I brought out the family also today with my father, brother in law, and my 3 yr old nephew coming out. Will post a report with some pictures.

The fish were definatly scattered today with the wind shifting as it did and people pounding the shoreline the last week.

- Are you running flourocarbon leads? Tie a double uni knot to splice your mainline to your flouro or a small sized ant swivel if you prefer. Keep everything as stealthy as possibe! I dont use swivels when the fishing is tough, keeps it cleaner looking in the water.

-Do you have inline planer boards or a mast system to get your lures away from the boat

Just a couple thoughts to kick the skunk next time....

jax ....... i had for rods loaded up with F,C with the twin bourds way out 75ft on each side ?

Jax

yes motocross we ride , my son has won 4 NYS championships and was ranked #2 in the nation ,he moved up classes last year and had a lot too learn being 13 running aginst 16 yr kids but still did very good this year he should be on the poudium !

hey moto, you ride?

staircase5_11.jpg

ya ya ray , i talked with may peope that fished sunday and it was slow , for most people lol , and me , i forgot i did get one release and it pulled pretty good for a second but it was a good sized tree limb in the water so should i say i got limbed and not skunked :idea: :roll: :$ ill get em 8)

yes motocross we ride , my son has won 4 NYS championships and was ranked #2 in the nation ,he moved up classes last year and had a lot too learn being 13 running aginst 16 yr kids but still did very good this year he should be on the poudium !

hey moto, you ride?

staircase5_11.jpg

sounds good,..what is his name?

his name is alexander ross #32 you can look him up at atvaonline.com or go too atvrider.com and see pics of him getting busy ! i also put a pic up a few weeks back under potos here , look for 15000 youth race quad !

Motoman - Sorry to hear the skunk squeeling. Few things to try:

1 -Got'ta get them boards right up on shore this early.

2 - if you troll in a certain direction for a while with nothing happening think about backtracking (reverse your direction) for a bit.

3 - Drag the bottom. Get those lures down.

4 - Loooooooonnng leads on flatlines or riggers.

5 - stealth, stealth, and more stealth

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Motoman - Sorry to hear the skunk squeeling. Few things to try:

1 -Got'ta get them boards right up on shore this early.

2 - if you troll in a certain direction for a while with nothing happening think about backtracking (reverse your direction) for a bit.

3 - Drag the bottom. Get those lures down.

4 - Loooooooonnng leads on flatlines or riggers.

5 - stealth, stealth, and more stealth

Tom B.

(LongLine)

tom thx for the reply , i ran the boat up into 6ft of water a few times , and i ran every witch way i could N,S,E,W or something like that , leads where from 60 to 150 back and i had for rods with 15lb flouro out around a 100 in my 10 rod spread i think i was steath but the 3 teenages where making all kinds on noise last hour of the day the one little bastard broke the steering wheel clean off the boat than the three of them laughed even harder , i was pissed off at that point and it was 2pm so i pulled em in and headed for the dock with the post that now is my stearing post or something like that , lol was a trip that ill never forget !