Otisco LOU Walleye Event

Miss em

Great weather, great event.  Great to see all the walleye fisherman on the lake.  Ended up being a slow day for catching walleyes unfortunately.  Only four walleyes taken between 12 or so boats.  Biggest fish was 24", 5.2#.  Thanks again to Justin for organizing and the gang that helped prepare all the food afterward.  Everything was delicious.

Here is a picture of all the kids that participated with the fish.

post-139696-0-12896800-1405799794_thumb.jpg

Here is what worked for us.  Plug was on a three color core.  Spoons were on 14 foot long cheaters set three feet above the main release.  Cheater leaders are 8# mono with coastlock snaps.  Rigger balls were parked at 60 degree water.

post-139696-0-72406000-1405799749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss em

Great job jeff! Thanks for sharing. Tracy and I enjoyed everyone and couldnt have had a better time. I really wish the lake temps didnt plummet. I went out last night and the action was incredible...unfortunately the walleyes really wouldnt hit top water without bomber blue prisms and im down to 1 water stained super glued ruined bomber. The weeds are even worse, but there was plenty of active fish. The lake wont troll well till its back over 80 on the surface....Nofishco lived up to its reputation. I will host the event again next year. BTW Jeff your wifes brownies have been are fattening me up nicely...i prob didnt have to eat half the pan for breakfast...but i did! The bbq'd bacon wrapped cheek meat was a definite hit. Next year we divide leftovers! It doesnt help the neighbors did a pig roast yesterday too.

too bad the fishing wasn't better... sounds like tons of great food though!  How many folks actually showed up?  Seemed like lots of drop outs last minute.

Edited by FleetTracker

We had 12 boats and 30 people or so.  Several late mechanical problems (both truck and boat)  kept 5 boats out, and several others for various reasons.  Still had a great time and next year will be a better turnout I bet and the fishing is bound to be better....couldnt have been much worse!  Surface temps are back on the rise and the fishing will be back on soon.