8/30 with Jammin out of Hughes

Jammin and I got together to do a little derby fishing. We launched at first light out of Hughes in his 19 ft Starcraft. The lake looked like a pond from the east side of the chute...but that was not the case. As we motored east and then north to set up. We were greeted with 2-3's with a couple 4+'s to make it interesting. We were bobbing like a cork out there. Current was really strong! We set down in 190 and trolled around and through to 450. Ending 4-7 with a 23 lbs King, a decent steelhead and a couple teen kings. We had some absolute screamers dump us on the dipsey rods. We had better luck keeping the drags loose and using rubber bands. The lake did eventually calm to about a 1-2 ft chop as we came in at 3:00. Had the most bites on flashers and flies. Pig pen took the bigger fish. White/green holo/glow took 3 shots on the other wire. Mag Carbon 14 was working on the deep rigger. We targeted the 90-120 depth as that's where we saw the bigger marks.

went out late saturday and saw the same picture 90 to 120.Lots of kings and bait .temp down about 85.I only had a few hours as my party informed me they had to cut the trip short  due to a engagment. In hindsight always ask before trips when they need to be back in,They caught a brown.Then the storm came by and never made it out for the PM trip.

Going out today but no party.Solo again.My search for good trolling partner continues.