Navionics for your Windows PC or Tablet

I just got an email from Navionics saying that Windows tablet and PC users can get Navionics Boating but it says you have to have Windows 8.1 or higher. Here is the Press Release.

It looks like the basic charts are free and you have to purchase the app to get the Navionics+ All Inclusive which includes Nautical Charts, Sonar Charts and Community Edit for a year. It doesn't give a price. And it doesn't say anything about additional charges for various charts.

Now I have the basic charts on my Windows 7 Laptop which I got for free earlier this year. It was offered through Boat US for members. So I'm wondering why it says you need 8.1 or higher. It would be nice if I could get the sonar charts but maybe I need 8.1 for that.

It also says that if you have GPS on your laptop or tablet or if you have an external GPS you can track your course. And if you have it downloaded on a PC you don't need an internet connection to view them. It's all in your PC.

Some added features , changes and updates made to navtronics charts . Yes you need windows 8 and all corrent windows updates. The new nav.+ are awesome.

Edit.... Nav platinum +

Edited by KING ME

KING ME, Are these just for Lake Ontario or does it include all the great lakes an inland lakes?

Are the prices the same for the smart phone apps?

Is the platinum + price for PCs or is it for a chip for a GPS plotter? And does it include any other waters?

Is there a big difference between nav+ and platinum+? And can you discribe the difference?

Sorry if I asked too many questions.

Excuse me for jumping in.

The price for the platinum + would be for the card that goes in your chart plotter. The other prices quoted are the in app upgrades for the nav+ that gives you SonarCharts.

What "app" do you have on your windows 7 PC? How long ago did you get it?

The new app released that requires windows 8 is a similar app to what is currently available on android and iOS devices. This app has the Nav+ upgrade that gives you sonar charts and community edits.

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Edited by bayofquintecharters

The Navionics App I have on my iPhone was around $15.00.  I would imagine that is the one you would use on a tablet as well.  for an additional $3.99 a year you can get the enhanced maps which is awesome.

Tim,

Does it include Lake Erie, Niagara River, St Lawrence, Finger Lakes Chautauqua Lake and other inland waters? Is the $15 also a yearly fee?

The app I have on my Laptop I got in April. It just has basic charts but it has L. Erie, L. Ontario, St Lawrence R., Lake St. Clair, parts of L. Michigan, L.Superior and L. Huron. It also has all inland waters in the NE US from Maine to Kentuky and west to Illinois, some in northern Wisconsin and a few in sourthern Ontario Canada above Toronto.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Yes, it covers all of that and more. It is the one for US and Canada. The $15.00 is a one time fee to buy the App. It turns my phone into a fully functional chart plotter.

The detail with the enhanced maps add on is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app.

Edited by Tim Bromund

The $3.99 is for advanced map options. That gives the ability to shade different depths etc.

post-154343-14106595170156_thumb.jpg

post-154343-14106595261281_thumb.jpg

There used to be separate $15 costs for the basic maps and nav+ that includes the sonar charts layer that increases the detail. Now you get nav+ with the basic $15 purchase.

All the charts in the world are available to view for free at www.navionics.com. You just have to click the "webapp" at the top. The problem with these are that you have to have Internet access to view them.

The new pc app will be the same as the ios and android apps. No data required to view and navigate with them once downloaded.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk