Coming aboard from the St Lawrence

Prof T

Retired to the river in 2012 and have been living the dream. Enjoying fall fishing as I never used to fit it in with kids and waterfowling leading up to deer hunting. Now I fish more than ever.

Glad to see guys here  willing to help newcomers get started and am looking forward to sharing some of the things I've picked up over a few decades myself.

Had a good day on the big lake last Monday...fished off of Galoo and our boat of 4 picked up 15 of those fat pig smallies out there.  Nice to hear spinning reel drags scream for a change.  Fished crabs and minnows just out of reach of the gobies.

Glad I'm not there today...waves must be 8 feet.

Prof T,

Welcome to the board. Lots of information is shared here. I'm not sure where on the river you are located but I'm from near Alex Bay. I can't think of a better area to live for an outdoorsman. Since retiring from teaching 6 years ago I've been living the dream. Feel free to send me a pm if you'd like to chat as I've lived in the area for nearly 40 years and have quite a lot of information I'm willing to share. 

Those Lake smallmouths are certainly pigs. I caught some Kings in the trench on Monday and got some of those smallies by Galoo a couple weeks ago. Generally I'm night fishing the walleyes near Alex Bay or fish the Indian river lakes during the summer. Come fall I'm chasing waterfowl , deer and turkey.  Plenty to do within two hours of here. Life is good!