Play Penn Shake Down Mexico 4/15

Just had to see how this new Speed & Temp thing works. I was joined by my neighbors Jack and his Dad Eric as thanks for Jack helping me mount my new triple rod holders and the S&T. John, another good fishing buddy of mine came along to get yelled at for not driving strait or maby it was for driving too strait I forget :lol:

Went out of the shoot flipped a coin and turned left, found 39 to 40 temps for about a mile and decided to head back accross the mouth of the launch. As we passed just east of the launch we saw temps bump up to 44 Fish On!

DSCF0570.jpg

Jack's first LakO Fish

The temp ran out in another 1/2 mile so we turned back and hit another nice brown.

DSCF05721.jpg

Jack's 5 lb Brown, I think he approves of this trolling stuff :P

Stayed in that pocket for another hour and picked up one more. Went 3 for 3 on the morning. I'm sure staying in that temp helped us as the water had little color. Fish came in 10 - 13 FOW and on black/gold, chartruse/white and Firetiger J 11 raps, 2.2 mph was the best speed. Good first trip, great to be on the water again.

DSCF05741.jpg

The Crew minus John

YT went with a DR. Thanks to posts from Billy V I rigged it with the walker clincher/release and it worked perfect right out of the box. Working in the back of my 21 ft boat all AM, I could see the digital desplay easilly.

FYI Jack is 9 years old and is my neighbors son. He has already spent countless hours helping me orginize lures, spool rods, rig and load the boat so it was only fitting that he land all the fish. When asked, he didn't feel at all bad that the other three of us didn't land any fish and neither did we. He has the fever as bad as anyone on this board. :lol:

PP,

Glad you had success with the Walker clincher set-up on your Depth Raider, but more glad to see that Jack now has the fever thanks to you!! :):)

We should all try and take a kid fishing with us a few times each year. Awesome job, and congrats on the trouble-free shakedown!