Micro leadcore/leadcore setups

RD9

Hey guys looking for some opinions. About to spend some money on some leadcores. I have been fishing leadcore for years on erie for eyes and have had good success. I kind of have a hodge podge of rods And reels and this winter I would like to setup 2, 3, 5, 7 color rigs all the same. I really like my convector 45's for my ten colors which I have setup with cabelas depth master rods which I am not exactly happy with because of breaks. I troll using church boards and love them. Any opinions on the micro lead core? Opinions on rods would be nice also, right now I run depth master cabelas 8ft nedium action brand and Great Lakes series diawa rods which I like but I believe can not be purchased retail. I believe I want to go with a 7.5 ft rod with a little stiffer action or even a 7 ft rod.

Opinions requested, thanks in advance.

One year in.....I like the micro-lead.  I think if I was fishing walleyes I would stick with standard cheaper core (more lift/fall).  With salmon I want more depth, strength and longevity so I have been switching to Tuf-line microcore.

After our success with lead this past year I will be getting at least 2 more lead setups. You using the 18# or 27# micro lead/ any depth difference between the two ?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for opinions on rods. I do use church boards tx 12 and 22's and I am big board guy converted over. The quickness we can deploy the little boards with lead core setups is much better. We tangle less and use them more especially in short afternoon trips with only a few of us in the boat. We keep track of the backing with line counter reels and we can let a three color and backing with board attached right down the Shute reel in the inner five color so the board is only 30 ft away from boat and swing that board overtop of the five color keeping shallow line on outside. With big boards we had to do a lot of reeling in and reseting to avoid tangles.

On Erie for walleyes you can not beat a leadcore program especially early in the year. Later in the year we did catch alot of fish on a 300 copper.