River or fields

So I haven't hunted geese in a long, long time probably close to 15 years.  I live south of corning and have seen a good amount of geese in the river near my house.  I was going to ask to hunt in the river near these fields but got to thinking which would be better a field or the river.  The corn in the local areas is all up still so I figured the river would be my best bet.  Would ducks come into the geese decoys as well?

I also wanted to add i have a dozen floating geese decoys.

Thanks,

Chas

Edited by Chas0218

They will absolutely come into Goose decoys. Find a field with Geese in it....set your goose decoys out in front of you at 11:00 and 2:00....open pocket at 12:00....right next to you put out a mojo mallard....Ducks are suckers for Mojo's in fields. Here's the kicker....when honkers are coming shut off the mojo...honkers do not like them....good luck.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I cannot answer your initial question, but I can say that as soon as season starts the geese will head to the city limits (Check out above Bridge Street) and stay there.  Ducks on the other hand, I still see moving through out the river.  I am not your best option for Duck hunting advice since I have too little experience river hunting, but I fish it year round and that is what I am basing my opinion on.  I am going to say a field with corn picked with close proximity to a waterway would be the best place to set up.