Went out at 6:45am and looked at the crystal clear water and new it would be tough fishing. Headed west and 10 minutes after the poles were set had a brown about 5-6 lbs! So there went any chance for skunkage on the first real trip out :D:D . It got worse after that went about 4hrs without a release after that :shock: ;(;( . Trolled all the way down to State Park and back then headed out to 80ft to see if anything would change. There was no colored water out there either. Marked a few fish but that was it.

The one fish we did get was on a kinda brownish and grey Jr Thunder Stick (closest thing I had to a goby color) off the boards in 14ft of water back 150. Temp was between 43-44 degrees for the most part. There was 50 degree water at the mouth of Sandy. A few other boats

I was pulling the boat out and saw Legacy (Rob) and a few others from the DEC waiting to see if they were gonna drop the little guys in but they said there was a temp. issue and looked like they were gonna go to the beach to let them go.

The pic is on the picture page!

I saw you guys head out this morning, Iwas the land based guy on my usual spot. Glad you found a fish. Got 5 , lost 2 others. 3 browns - biggest 8 lbs., 2 rainbows biggest was same as the brown. Its been real slow fishing so far this spring, today was by far my best day . I think we need a change in the weather, or at least the hated East wind must go away ! See you again. Good luck - be safe .

My report is almost a ditto of yours today. I was in the white Sylvan. 1 brown about 6 lbs on a brown trout rapala. 10 feet water, board 150 back. No other hits, left at 11am. clear water, sunny, calm, 30.2 barometer, I knew it would be tough plus no warm water to be found except the creek. Should of hung around there more. BP out