video camera?

i am thinking about buying a camera to take videos on the boat and also to try under water videos,like off the rigger ball.just looking for suggestions on what you guys use.i want to make sure i buy the right one.thanks in advance.

I've got the big clamp that I use for the boat - it clamps on to my bimini rail.  Also, I have the head-strap for action shots. I've also got the floating mini-boom that I havent used yet.

I've seen video taken with the chest mount- it's more stable than the head mount, but appears to be a bit more of a process to get on and off. 

Also, they sell a stick you can use for underwater shots, or looking back into the cockpit off of the transom.

ok,thanks,have you ever tried to send it down on a rigger ball?ive seen some cool videos and was wondering if you can do that with a go pro.

Lots of guys fabricate mounts to put go pros on their rigger balls. I'm sure one of the guys on here that do it will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

thanks tim,wasnt sure if go pro made an accessory for that,but like was said above,250 dollar probe on one side and a 300 dollar camera on the other,not sure im that brave either!!!!!but it does make for a cool video.

I don't currently have a Go Pro but probably will be getting one at some point.  What I've been thinking is to mount either the waterproof housing or the Go Pro itself to the reverse side of my electric trolling motor shaft for shallow stuff, real clear conditions and to locate perch and then extend it fully downward. The reason for mounting it on the reverse side of the prop is to avoid accidentally turning on the prop :lol:  but it would be wise to disconnect the motor anyway (I have quick disconnects on mine).