Looking for a new adventure and sick of pounding the beach, we blazed offshore to see if a temp break was established, as it was last week in 90 fow.(42 - 37/green to clear water) The East wind has stacked the ice water on the beach. We had 47 at the mouth of I-Bay and gradually dropped slowly to 39 deg. at 175 fow. No debris line or significant color change. The strong South wind may have blown the warm layer off to Canada. We made a slow troll from 120 to the mouth of the Genny with no action. The water on the beach was 45-47 deg. when we returned. The previous evening we worked the river water break from 45 - 53 deg. with no action. We did manage to catch a 12 ft blow boat from the Rochester Yacht Club that sawed off our planer board line after taking a 90 deg. turn out of the river East. Correct me if I am wrong, the overtaking craft( sail or power) must yield the right of way to a less maneuverable craft, such as a trolling vessel, even if the vessel being overtaken is under power. I think the commodore at the RYC should compensate us for our Yozuri's !!!! Catch a big one guys ! And hey, you in the twin engine Grady, let's be a bit more courteous next time and give way. I know you wanted to have your butt pasted to the color line, but it is a big lake !

Scott is right ...Sailboats always have the right of way in open water. I do know they are not allowed to tack back and fourth in the river channel.

I was out today as well. We only did 4 fish, lost two more right out front. Cohos and rainbows. No size. What is up with this year. I remember having stellar bite this time of the year and now we get 4 fish? How about stocking more cohos and browns? The fish came off the boards and a slider diver 75 back 20 down #4 setting. Really nice green water and 47-48 degrees....Almost perfect.

I saw the Grady you were talking about. I didn't have a run in with him, but I know of another boat out there did. I just give those guys all the room they think they need.

Hopefully we get out a couple more times before the derby...........