Panther Aluminum Kicker bracket...Anyone using one?

codybuehler

I just had an 8hp Tohatsu installed on a Panther kicker bracket. Beautiful install by Hall's Marine in Muncy, Pa! Does anyone have any experience with these adjustable brackets? It is rated for a 35hp, 230ish pound motor. My kicker only weighs 95 pounds. By the looks of it and how much it flexes, I'm not too sure how well it is going to hold up? The original plan was to trailer the kicker right on the bracket, but I'm not trusting it as much as I originally wanted to.

http://www.marinetechproducts.com/pages/550410/

That is a link to the bracket I purchased for anyone who cares to check it out.

Thanks for any insight or experience!

Cody

We have a 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke on one. Same bracket. Trailers just fine. We always hook a ratchet strap to the handle then back to a solid point on the boat just to be sure that it doesn't come disengaged.

Edited by CatskillBob

I have a power tilt 35 model, after a lot of reading, I decided against the spring loaded unit because of issues of flex on long trailer rides. I would check your paperwork as some of the units recommend NOT trailering motor mounted on brackets. In fact, I would call the company and ask. Just an FYI.

I emailed the company and asked before I installed it. I specifically asked about trailering. The response I got was the no-trailering clause was for insurance purposes. He said to make sure it was secured well before heading down the road. They are just covering themselves in case it wede to fail. I trailered it home last night about 18 miles and the amount of bounce I could see the motor doing was a bit unnerving. I am anxious to see what it looks like on rough water. Hopefully Seneca doesn't gain another outboard on the bottom!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by codybuehler

I have a similar bracket and if you keep the motor locked in the center position not turned to the side. Then trim it up it stays fairly still even in rough seas although it does bounce around a bit for my liking. I am not sure but mine is a 4 stroke bracket and it does not flex under the weight of my Yamaha t8 extra long shaft, I think the motor is around 100#