Honda 9.9 remote controled

CaptSpike

Does anyone else have one of these installed. I just upgraded from my tiller model and have discovered something that was a bit of a surprise to me. There is no tilt switch at the motor, only on the controls???? So to set my motor in the transom saver for trailering I need to be stretch armstrong to reach the control and hold the bracket in place. I called Honda and they said it didn't have tilt on the motor but maybe it could be installed. I contacted the guy who put it in and he said it wasn't available. I called another dealer acting like I wanted to buy the motor and asked if it had a control on the motor and was told it did??? So someone doesn't know what their talking about.......Question is who doesn't? I don't know if my guy ordered my motor wrong  (no switch at the back) or if the other people don't have a clue? Who designs a tilt motor that can't be tilted at the motor??????

Sure I can back off the relief screw and move the motor manually but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the tilt? I fish alone alot and not having that feature is going to make trailering a PITA.

So does anyone have one and does it have tilt at the motor?

Spike

CS:

I have a 2011 8 HP HT Honda 4 stroke on my Hewescraft, & I had my Seller/Outfitter install an up down button at the transom next to the kicker.  It is easily done if you are a skilled installer, like Calumet Marine where I bought my boat & had it outfitted.  So, no they don't come with a tilt button on the motor, but one can be easily installed if you want one.

I would contact Frank or Derek Martin at Calumet Marine, & I think they can tell you what needs to be done.

John

Calumet Marine
  • Marine Supply Store
  • Address: 426 Burnham Ave, Calumet City, IL 60409
Edited by Iceman

I have a 90 Honda and a 9.9 Honda on my Willie. The 90 does have the control on it but the 9.9 doesn't. Since I have separate controls for the both of them at the seat it's not a problem to reach either one.

Edited by sszoldra

I can easily reach the tilt switch on my control head when the boat is on the trailer. Usually I raise the motors before I load the boat on the trailer. When I park and store the trailer with the boat I lower the motors for draining to prevent freezing and less space is needed for storage. The raised motors are a hazard to nearby people.