Canandaigua South end 05/17

Went out of the Woodville launch @ 0500 today with FLX Troutman. Trolled up and down both east and west shores, even straight up the middle.

One nice 3 # Brownie near first light on a green-themed spoon on the downrigger, that was IT! ;(;(

Had a great time, but there was nothing moving. Came in about 0930 so he could go to work with no more hits or knock-offs.

Still a beautiful morning, although a little chilly.

Hey guys I almost did Woodville this am but I new the winds were coming up and opted for Canadice. Sounds like the bite was slow this am there too.

You guys see any other boats around? It seems to be a very quiet spring on the water so far. I hope the fuel cost isn't taking a toll on the fisherman already.

I was planing on going out Saturday morning on my kayak but it was too choppy, instead I started on the dock in Cottage City (East Lake). I have an area were the water drops off quick into 25-40 feet of water within 50 yards of the dock. In my first 5 casts at sunrise I had probably an 18 inch laker who wriggled off just before landing him, then the big one hit about 10 casts later. I never saw it, but it was BIG! Nearly ripped to pole out of my hand. It doubled up my 7 foot pole! I couldnt set the hook because of the hard hit left only two fingers on the pole. By the time I was able to regroup it was gone. Both hit on a three-quater ounce spoon yellow with pink dots. The rest of the day I too had nothing! Absolutely nothing! Moved around near the north end due to the water conditions, so I was again forced into the shallows. Nothing in there either except for the one really fat Rockie that kept me from getting skunked on the day, that was it.