Friday was a better day for us as we went 13 for 13 on browns with the biggest about 6-7 lbs. All east of the harbor in 4 to 12 ft of water. fish came on black and silver, and blue and silver spoons. Saturday the fish won't cooperate we went 6 for 6 running the same gear.

baytech

were you fishing the morning or afternoon. This is my first year trying for em. Last week caught a couple in the evening and tried a morning and only got one. Just wondering if I picked a bad day to try the morning. Want to give it a go again but that 3 hour drive is gettin a little expensive.

Friday we fished from 11am to 8pm and Saturday we fished from 6am to 1pm. I have a small boat 16.5ft so I can get extremly close to shore (3ft) using light spoons that don't hang up. Most fish came in 4 to 8ft of water.

Where are you coming from FF?

I'm coming from Oneonta. I drive to Binghamton first to pick up my dad and his boat. We use a small boat too so we could get close. I'm dying to get back up there. Does the rain showers affect the browns biting at all? I see there are west winds this week but didn't know how the rain factors in. Any info is greatly appreciated-like I said I'm a rookie at this.

Fish Magent,

I ended up staying at hotel owned by Mays Country Store and don't have any complaints. I will be staying there from now on and I would recommend it. 1-315-207-0010

Fishfinder,

I am probably not the best person to answer the weather conditons question. That being said I know there was a good topic on wind direction in the open discussion forum a little while back that had a lot of info in it. As far as the rain I don't think the it plays nearly as big of a factor as the wind does.

Maybe some other guys can chim in on the rain factor.

Baytech

I am planning to go up to Oswego asap. It will be my first trip. This is my first season trolling. I have been using inline boards on Cayuga lake since 4/19

and I would like to try Ontario while the same techniques still have a chance. Where are you guys launching from? Also how far out do you have to go to get a crack at the Kings? My boat is setup with riggers(with temp@depth),and a good gps/sonar but it is only 16.5'. In general how long will the shallow brown bite last up there this year?

The near shore brown fishing should last 2-3 more weeks. But of course it depends on the weather. The cold front were having here CNY region should prolong the shore fishing. Last year i was catching browns in early june in 10fow.

Pat