Fueled up the truck and hitched the boat Sat. nite. Up at 4AM to meet my Cuz about a mile away. I got about 1/4 mile from my house and realized someone siphoned off about 5 gals. of gas as the truck now only registered 3/4 full. It was full Sat. nite. About 1 min. after that I hit a pothole and the boat came unhitched and started swerving all over the road. Luckily for me, the safety chains held and I was able to pull over and rehitch it. Apparently whoever got my gas also decided it would be funny to unlatch the hitch. :devil: Aside from a few scratches on my tailgate I was thankful no major damage was done or anyone hurt.

Met up with my Cuz and made it to Mexico Point launch and talked with Rich D. He gave me some good info on where to start. While talking to Rich, Keith G. motored by and headed out to the lake. Thanked Rich for the info and launched. Tried to call Keith but my radio pooped out and no power to it. Another job for this week. :( Trolled all day from 10' fow to 135'fow & not a single hit. Marked a lot of fish from 101-103 fow, all on the bottom. Scattered marks 40-50' down but still nothing. Spoke w/Ray K. on the phone who also recommended some spoons & such, but sorry to say, nothing worked.

Called it quits around 2:30 & headed back. All in all, it was a nice to finally get on the water for the first time this year, but he maiden voyage for the year ended with a pretty long "to do" list of minor things that have to be done. Lookin forward to getting out to Wilson on the 29th though.

Wish I had something good to report, but only hope & wait till next time. ;)

Bob,

Sorry to hear that the deck did not get bloodied, but atleast you were on the water, wish I could have gone out myself. It is tough being able to see the boat, but know you have to go home and get ready for work. It will get better, heard it was tough for most out there and that includes some of the charters that call Mexico home. Good Luck with the to do list, talk to you later.

Rich