Leadcore question

Whats the max depth anyone has gotten with just leadcore?

Has anyone set up lead core so you start out with mono 200ft or 300ft then 3 or 4 color core then 100 foot mone then 3 more color core then 50 -60 foot mono to swivel? Its seems to me if you do this you can have a 3 color core and a 6 or 7 color core on one pole? Could you splice the the core in in diffrent sections/ number of colors so you can get diffrent depths dependind on how much line you let out? I realize you could spool up with core and it drops 4-5ft for every color, but if you want seperation from the boat?

Running core, you already have the knot at the snap, the knot where

the leader meets the core, and the knot where the core meets the

backing. Even though there are great knots out there, I'm always

afan of keeping them to as few as possible.

Also, in my experience with core for walleye, I have not noticed a big differnce in depth by letting out more backing. I have used snap weights

to add depth, though.

John

A few more leadcore questions:

What is the best length/type of leader?

If you spool up 200 yds of leadcore, does it keep dropping 4-5 ft per color past 10 colors?

What's the best knot for the connection of the core to the leader?

thanks!

JAM

there is a drag to weight ratio that will prevent your line from going deeper ima give you a no on depths speed will be more of a factor with longer line ouy,i know some who swear to a 5 ft leader thinking the leadline surface creates enuf disturbance to attract the fish to the line and the lure is right there , most will use (or so they post) 25 to 50 ft back me 50ft.i like 20 lb "p"line flouro. for leader little heavy but works for me ,dont know knot name some day (BLUE EYES) we will have a fishing dictionary as for now do a knot search in the search box .or do a little homework on theis site (look at older post) and you will find the most common knot used

Thanks guys.

Billy, great knot site. BTW, love those brown pictures from inside Fairhaven Bay. My folks lived at the very very south end of the bay for 20 years. We (with my dad) mostly fished the edge of the weeds in the bay for northerns and the lake for smallies. Nice to see the browns come in.

Now, I'm running out of Braddocks and am just two years into fishing for trout and salmon. Needless to say, I am obsessed. Really appreciate the great tips you and the others on the board have provided!

JAM